Monday, June 4, 2007

Packers...start your engines!!!




Crap! This is my second try at this post....I tried to edit the last one and it suddenly disappeared....here goes again....




OK...so I started packing. Couldn't help myself. DH and the Two Little Mice are all asleep and there is nada on the electric brain cell sucker (aka TV). I managed to get most of the packing done except for the last minute things like clothing (3 days worth each) , medications (must be kept in high cupboard away from little hands until the very last minute), and the gifty type things for Little Mouse 3's foster family and officials (Starbucks ground coffee, maple candies, maple almonds, Grieve's jam in small pots - from Niagara on the Lake, fancy paper napkins and plates in several motifs...and some other things I can't seem to recall). I think I'll pick up a carton of Marlboro Lites before we go - kinda controversial, I know, but still a gift that is appreciated by many in China.

As far as luggage goes, though we won't be going COO (carry on only), I don't think we're doing too bad! This is what we will bring for 2 adults and 3 kids:


- 1 large luggage - for both weeks


- 1 small (carry on sized, but will be checked) luggage - to store at hotel in Beijing for use second week


- 1 carry on bag each - 'regulation' carry- on for me, backpack for DH, kid sized backpack each for LM1 and LM2


- laptop/camera bag - I will personally carry this as it will also contain all important papers/documents

- 2 'umbrella' strollers (will also have a 'Baby Trekker' packed for LM3)

Add to that one small suitcase my brother will carry (which I will be adding some of our stuff to!) and his carry-on , and I don't think that will be too much.....let's hope.

I've included some pics of my adventure this evening for your viewing pleasure....if you are at all crazy like me, you will appreciate the pics - if not, than this isn't the blog for you!!! LOL!

No comments: