Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Carol Brady....you are my hero!

I am now officially 'domesticated'.....after years of avoiding it, years of resistance - today I made a major purchase - one that makes me blend in to the crowd, puts me in the running for 'soccer mom of the year'. I bought a minivan. Never say never, my friends...because if you were ever like me - drove a cute two-door sports car until the day my first child was born - vowed I would never drive a minivan - you too will one day eat those words! I refused to test drive the van, since the one we chose was not for its ability to run the Daytona 500....I figured that we need it, we are buying it regardless....let's just get on with it. Oh and I chose a blue one - that was the one they had in the car lot - it had a big white streak of bird crap all down the driver's door - it must be destiny, I figured....the birds agree with me, at least! I just know that tonight my dreams will be full of Brady Bunch references ( I alway dream in "TV", BTW)...perhaps tonight the family will travel to the Grand Canyon in the oversized automobile that looks like it has a wooden box around it. Or perhaps, I'll drive the beast to the supermarket with Bobby (LittleMouse1) and Cindy (LittleMouse2) and get in a fender bender with the lying whiplash man.....
I get to pick up my new van Friday....maybe I'll be closer to the window at the drive-thru at Tim Horton's.......oh my, maybe there is an upside to being domesticated ;)

No comments: