Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Jam-Packed Itinery?

Today, our travel rep at our agency booked our flights for us...its a bonus that we can fly DIRECT to Beijing from Toronto. Last time, we had a stopover in Vancouver - not a bad thing, but better to avoid when travelling with a preschooler (or 2!). Since we will be travelling with the two older 'mice' (Little Mouse One and Little Mouse Two), any time-saving thing is a must! I also had the chance today to request some sightseeing adventures - but I think I may have requested too busy an itinery in Beijing - Tiannanmen Square/Forbidden City, Beijing Zoo, Summer Palace, Acrobat Show, Great Wall...add to that all of the official duties (medical clearance for Little Mouse Three, passport/consulate appointment), plus the Peking Duck dinner one night and some shopping...not sure we can fit it all in.

We are still hoping for updated info on Little Mouse Three since the last info we have on him is over six months old. I'd love to see how much he's grown and it would be handy to be able to estimate what size clothing to bring for him....not that I will bring a lot since it may just be easier to buy what we need for him in China. I'm getting really geared up tos tart packing....it has not been easy to hold off...that may sound strange, but, believe me....I am one organized HM when it comes to travelling with my kids. I have actually had a few dreams about luggage and packing over the last few days....ok that IS weird.

The RQ site is all a-buzz about the next batch of referrals....perhaps only 6 days matched this time :( I really do not understand the small amount of days being matched for so many months in a row.....and wasn't there a report that now ALL orphanages in China can submit children's files to be matched? (Not just a small percentage of SWI/CWI's like in the past). When will this take effect and actually make a difference in the numbers of referrals each month?

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Congrats on getting everything booked.

I guess I'll live vicariously through you because with a Sept 06 LID, it's starting to look like referral in mid to late 09...and I don't even want to consider later than that...