Friday, May 4, 2007

First, The Fonz did it.....

OK...it was inevitable, only a matter of time, bound to happen sooner or later....
This week, something I was not looking forward to finally happened - The Gilmore Girls offically 'jumped the shark'. I knew when I saw (and gasp....heard) Lorelei sing Karaoke, that the days of Stars Hollow, Logan Huntsberger and the Friday Night Dinner are numbered.
The only question now....Do I keep watching? Ahhh, yes....like a rubbernecker at an accident on the 401 at rush hour, I'll watch each episode until its finale...some I'll even watch twice. Because I'm crazy like that :)

'jumped the shark' - for those of you less informed Re: t.v. series speak - this terms refers to the exact moment of the episode that a series no longer retains its 'untouchable' good qualities....when a show begins its trickle-down towards cancellation.....the term originates from the series "Happy Days", when The Fonz and the gang go from Milwakee to California, and in the episode, Fonzie literally jumps over a shark on waterskis....some kind of challenge akin to his previous motorcycle antics....but this time in the water!! The show never really regained its former glory after that. Ever since, industry insiders (and wannabees like HM!) have used the term to describe a series in decline.

No comments: